lördag 10 december 2016

Prologue

I don't know where to begin, but I guess I have to start when my life changed. We were a happy family of four - me, my little brother Connor, mum and dad. Then that horrible day came that changed everything for me and Connor. I can still remember the phonecall, which told me our parents had passed away in a car crash. I couldn't breath and just collapsed to the floor. Connor saw that and rushed to me while asking whats wrong. I just looked at him but couldn't say anything and just hugged him while crying.

After that everything happend so fast. We had our parents funeral, sold our house and moved to a cheaper place. I also had to quit college and get a job to support me and my brother. Connor was still in junior high school so it left me no choice. It was really tough for us to accept everything but after a long while it all started to become normal.

Then about one year later I met my future husband Brady Callaghan and I really thought everything was going to become ok know. It all started great, also Brady and Connor got on really well and I could see how much Connor looked up to Brady. I just thought life couldn't be better, until I found out that Brady was cheating on me. 

So that is why I'm in present moment drinking at a bar in the city were we are going to move into in a couple of days. I just feel devastated that my husband isn't the man I have thought.

- Hi gorgeous, can I buy you a drink?
I turned around to my left and there stood a quite handsome man. He was tall, had green eyes, brown short hair and looked muscular built.
- Look I'm not looking for anything.
- What a coincidense neither am I. So how about that drink?
- Fine give me a Cosmopolitan.
- I am Nick Keaton by the way, he said and reached out his hand.
- Abigail Callagahan, I said and shook his hand.
- I see you are married, Nick said while looking at my ring.
- At the moment yes , but I am gonna divorce him.
- I see, trouble in paradise.
- You could say that when you find out that your husband is a cheating bastard!! I said and drank up my drink in one swoop.
- Another one maybe? he said and smiled.
- Sure it couldn't hurt at the moment.

Time passed by while we were talking and soon it was already closing time. At that moment I was quite drunk after all the drinks I have had and my judgement may not have been the best.  When I woke up the next day at Nicks place I was so embarrassed about what I did, I just felt like sinking to the ground. The coward that I am I tried to just go out from his place without him noticing it. But in my panicked state I forgot to look if he was even still lying in bed. So you could imagined my shock when I saw Nick standing outside the bedroom door.

- Oh, you are already up, I said while trying to sound normal.
- Yeah I am a morning person, Nick said and smiled to me. Coffee? I just made it.
- Ah, you see I have this appointment I have to go to.
Which was a obvious lie but that was all I could come up with on the spot.
- I see, you wouldn't wanna be late for THAT appointment, he said while he smirked.
- Right, so thanks for last night. Oh god did I just say thanks for last night, who says that after a one night stand...
I stood there panicked and then heard him laughing.
- I didn't say that out loud?
- I am sorry to say but you did. You're hilarious, he said with a big smile.
- It's official I could just die from embarrassement, I smiled vaguely.
- It's not so bad and you just made my day with that coment, he said while trying to stop laughing again.
- I'm happy I could get YOU to feel better, but now I really have to go, I said and went out the door without looking back.

I will just forget about it and start fresh tomorrow. It's not like I will ever see him again and I already started to feel much better. Little could I had know we would meet again at an unsuspected place.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar